Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chocolate Yoghurt Cake


Anyone that says they cannot bake should start with this recipe, because it's the easiest cake that I have made in a long time. Unlike the five Christmas cakes that took me four weeks to make from start to finish, this barely takes four minutes. It's an all-in-one, cup-measured mix. Easy.

First, preheat your oven to 200 deg.

Ingredients

1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2tsp baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil  I used sunflower oil
1 cup greek yoghurt I used Total Greek Yoghurt
3 eggs

Method

1. Measure out your dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix to combine.
2. Add all of the wet ingredients and beat until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
3. Tip into your greased/lined receptacle.
4. Bake. How long it takes, will depend on your tin. My little bundt cakes took barely ten minutes. The loaf cake about 20 minutes. Check it regularly - e.g. after ten minutes. The baking powder means the mix is unlikely to sink, but you never know....

I decided to try out my new mini Bundt silicone 'tin'. Big mistake. I overfilled them, and they stuck. I had  thought that this might happen.

Overfilled ...
For batch two, I brushed the mini bundts with sunflower oil and added a lot less mix.  Perfection. Since I had yet more mix left, I put the rest in a loaf tin and made a larger loaf cake.




 Chocolate yoghurt loaf cake


Those bundt holes are screaming out to be filled with a little yoghurt, with some pomegranate seeds shaken over .. or it would be lovely warm served with ice cream. I have no ice-cream so, if I have any yoghurt left over after I have had some with my curry, I will use that.

CC had her little pal over so they snarfled batch one, and agreed that batch two was better. The yoghurt cuts through the sweetness of other chocolate cakes, and allows the cocoa taste to shine. The loaf cake may make it into work tomorrow for sharing with my colleagues. It may not.


So, what are you waiting for ? Grab your pinny and get baking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !