Monday, July 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

I had nearly run out of shop-bought dog treats, and little DD (Dusty Dog) so enjoyed his first batch of treats that I had to make him some more.


I was looking for a simple, quick, non-meat recipe and found a recipe that completely fitted the bill on-line here and it was just SO simple.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour (or a different flour..)
  • 1 cup rolled oats  (I used oats with added bran)
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth (I used chunky)
  • 1 1/4 cups hot water

Additional flour for rolling
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F
  2. Mix dry ingredients together.


  3. Mix in the peanut butter and hot water. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.


  4. Knead the dough well.
  5. Roll out the dough into 1/4" thickness and cut into shapes with dog cookie cutters - or in my case a man cutter.
  6. Note - This recipe doesn't call for it, but you can brush the biscuits with egg or egg-wash to give them a sheen. I didn't brush mine.


  7. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes. You can leave them in the oven to get harder over night, but I didn't and they were plenty hard enough for my DD.
Cool them on a wire rack before serving.

As you can see this recipe makes a good few biscuits for your little pooch.

Look at the anticipation on his face! I hope your dog enjoys these if you make them.


As soon as he had his biscuit he ran off to his blanket to eat him in peace. He's already devoured a head and an arm ! Bless him.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !