Friday, February 24, 2012

So tired...is it the marathon training?

I'm fed up of me moaning that I'm tired, so hell knows how fed up those around me must be with it... Coincidentally, the marathon training has reached a plateau, which means I sailed (well, not quite) through fifteen miles last weekend, or rather wasn't in knee-cruching agony and simultaneous exhaustion as I had been a couple of weeks ago when running only twelve miles.  Today was a fast session, one mile warm up, four miles fast, and one mile cool down. All in fifty five minutes. Excellent!

Now I'm tired. When I got back from the run it was 3.20pm so I just had time to change my clothes and jump in the car to collect little CC and her friend from the netball tournament. Friend dropped home, CC and I went and bought a dog lead and toy for the dog that we may be getting. It's a lakeland terrier, male (neutered), 18 months old. Cute as a button. But, am I bighting off more than I can chew ? Already feeling stretched to my limit, will this be a burden. This little terrier is a fantastic runner and I can see me and him having some fantastic times together. Of course CC has wanted a dog for about five years. So, one thing is for sure, is that he will be loved to bits...

Tonight I'm off to the cinema to see the new 'Marigold hotel' film thingy... starring Dame Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Dev Patel amongst others. I'm looking forward to it, if I can keep my eyes open...

The good news is that I have kept tomorrow free. CC and I are taking BB to see the DD, as he hasn't met him yet. How exciting! Other than that I plan to conserve energy for my run on Sunday.

What are your remedies when you're feeling really tired ? And don't be all clever and say sleep, because really that's not going to help. Who has time for that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !