Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cirque du Soleil - Totem

This afternoon BB and I went to see Cirque du Soleil's Totem. See more about it here: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/totem/default.aspx

 We have been talking about going for the last couple of Christmases, so when  I saw the tickets for sale back in November, I jumped all over them, thinking it would be a perfect birthday birthday treat for my BB. And it was.

The Royal Albert hall is a beautiful venue. We had cheaper seats in the circle area, and they were just fine. Maybe a touch of vertigo right at the top there, but a good enough view. The set is amazing, as are the performers. The story line is, in my opinion, a little loose, but most circus-type productions, have a looser story line and excellent performers. And so it was today.

Would I go again? Probably not to see Totem, as I'm not a 'do the same thing twice' kinda gal. That said, I would definitely go and see another Cirque du Soleil performance.

I should mention that we went to the matinee performance, and looking around, it was obvious that not all of the more expensive seats were full. After the interval, many of the seats that we were in were empty. The occupants did not return. So, either they had had enough and gone home, or they had gone and 'helped themselves' to the more expensive seats. Is this allowed ? I wondered... Is this socially acceptable...? Would anyone really care if a person moved seats half way through the performance.... ??

We preceded the event with a lovely lunch in an ASK restaurant in Gloucester Road, there was only one poor girl waiting the whole restaurant, so the service was rubbish. The girl was practically sweating - poor thing.. They missed the croutons out of my Caesar salad - how is that possible ??

This was followed by a 90 minute commute back home with all the other commuters, two of which decided to start a fracas ten minutes into the journey. Nice. Always fun and never a dull moment on public transport.

We collected our little CC from Ruth's house and had a little glass of wine and a slice of Chinese birthday cake to celebrate Ruth's YH's birthday. The cake was lovely, so I am off now to search for a recipe of Chinese birthday cake.

What a (practically) perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !