Friday, June 3, 2011

Juneathon # Day 3

I guess I was a bit silly yesterday, cake for breakfast (when I would usually have a banana, yoghurt and a cereal bar) and  cake for lunch (when I would usually have veggie soup and a wholemeal roll) - that's right -  no fruit and veg, no dairy, no proper carb or protein, just sugar. Not good! Add to that a lack of fluids, and a hot day. However, I thought I had turned it back around later with homemade fish pie and 2 portions of veg, but no, it was too late.

At 4am this morning, I woke up screaming with the most amazing cramp in my right calf. Owch ! Not what I need when I'm supposed to be exercising every day, and certainly not good with a half marathon this Sunday. How stupid am I ? You would think I would have learned by now. The cramp was that bad that I've been left with an aching, sore calf all day. Very depressing. Of course, my leg feels like it is going to cramp again, and I must admit I have a little bit of a phobia about getting cramp. It's a pain thing I guess, my muscle just spasms and tightens and it hurts like hell.

Anyway, enough whingeing. BB has kindly offerered to take my race place, and do my half on Sunday. 'Over my dead body!!' was my reply, but I guess in all seriousness it's a rather tough race over the South Downs and if it's hot again like the first time I did it, it may be more sensible to sit it out... but then it's only 13 miles right.. ?

Moving on, for my day 3 Juneathon I decided to do a short run of  2 miles. I would be tapering this week for the half anway, me and my silly calf muscle took it easy. Here's my 'proof I did it' photo below. That's me having a little stretch.



Here's the summary from the joggy-bloggy-loggy site:  how cool is that??? As you can see I was way out on my distance, I actually clocked up nearly 3 miles!!!

.
Type:Run - Easy
Duration:25:00:00
Distance:2.99 mi


Moral of this story ?? Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition and lest we should forget, Nutrition.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping I might have read that you found cake some kind of rocket fuel... Oh well, back to the fruit, veg and protein... Tonight's bottle of strawberry and lime cider should help me with tomorrow's run though - carbs and 2 of my 5 a day! Good luck with juneathon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggiee, Thank you for leaving me a comment. I wish cake was rocket fuel, I would be mega fast if it was ! Strawberry and lime cider sounds lovely - I'm 'dry' tonight in preparation for my half tomorrow. I'm enjoying Juneathon more than I thought possible. All the best to you too, KG.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment !