Sunday, January 9, 2011

Labour of Love

Labour of Love is the name of my house in France. We have owned it for five years now, and we are renovating it - hence the name.

The picture below is the view from the window on Christmas Day, the village church dates back to the 11th century. I have been in love with France and the French language  - not to mention the food - since I first went a lived in Toulouse nearly twenty years ago.

The house is in a tiny village near the town of  Limoux, we are  two hours drive from Barcelona, an hour drive to the beach at Narbonne and just over an hour to the nearest ski slopes.

When we first got the place it didn't even have a toilet ! It's true ! Now we have a toilet, a shower, an oven (!), a washing machine and a dishwasher - and I am truly spoilt !

We still have quite a way to go, but what sold it to me was that view out of the window. Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !