Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My First Wedding Cake

So, my lovely friend Emma is getting married in May and has tasked ME with the wedding cake. Eeek ! Is she frickin' crazy ???? Of course, I should be thinking about Christmas and all that, but I have that feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach, and the thought of the cake is filling my mind.

The wedding theme is red, ivory and roses. I had an idea of red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and red love heart sprinkles. Too cute for words huh ? Earlier, Em told me that the cake would also be dessert. So, it gets even worse - people are actually going to be eating the stuff instead of leaving it in the bottom of their handbag for a week before chucking it in the bin, which is what I think happens to the majority of party cake, no ?

On another subject, well actually still on the subject of parties.. I was at a birthday party this week where I was served the most absolutely delicious pound cake made using sour cream. I don't think I have ever tasted a plain, unembelished cake that tasted quite so delicious. I look forward to trying out the recipe (which I begged the cook for) on here at some point...

Well, one would hardly know it is Christmas from this post, but I am pleased to report that I have packed the chutney and the homemade cranberry sauce and whilst cooking Christmas dinner may be daunting, I think I have it under control! Full report to follow soon.

Merry Christmas Everyone !

PS> Any hints on making wedding cakes - PLEASE  let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !