Friday, September 3, 2010

Kitchen by Nigella Lawson

I just love ordering from Amazon. I pre-ordered Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen' a while ago, and it arrived today. According to this link : http://www.nigella.com/books/view/kitchen-33 the book will not be released until September 6, so I am chuffed to have my copy already !

This is what it looks like...



I am sure there will be recipes in there that will whet my appetite. Other Nigella titles on my heaving cookbook shelves are: 'Feast', 'Nigella Express', and 'How to be a Domestic Goddess'. They have all been well read and well used. The great thing about Nigella's books is that since she is not a chef, she takes a home cook's approach to cooking. Also, Nigella is a great journalist and writer, and her writing style here is nice and familiar. Indeed her books are as good to read, as they are to use as a recipe book.

Well, I hope Nigella appreciates the publicity...

Recipes coming soon on my blog...
Chocolate flapjacks
Chocolate brownies
Falafel (made with edamame beans and chickpeas.)

Now, on with making a start on the book.

2 comments:

  1. My you are lucky to have got this copy early. I wonder it there will be a show to accompany the book?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mangocheeks,

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment - makes me so v.happy ! You wouldn't know how much !!
    I just looked - the inside cover says, right at the end, 'accompanied by a BBC TV series'. Excellent. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment !